As you welcome the new year, please consider the many ways you can help to make a difference in the lives of Franciscan Outreach guests. Make a resolution in 2017 to keep the spirit of giving the whole year!
1. Donate: By enabling us to continue this important work, your donation to Franciscan Outreach will inspire change and make a difference in the lives of our Chicago neighbors who are affected by homelessness and poverty. Please make a donation today.
2. Give an In-Kind Gift: There are many items needed at each of our sites, such as toiletries, food and other personal items, as well as clothing and blankets for keeping warm. To see what items are most needed and how you can give today, please see our wish list.
3. Sponsor, Attend or Help Plan an Event: Events are a wonderful way to bring our community together, not only to raise money but to bring awareness to the critical issues our neighbors facing homelessness deal with every day. Franciscan Outreach has a wide variety of events for you to attend the whole year long. Interested in helping your business reach a whole new audience while gaining community support? Consider sponsoring an event! Please click here to learn more. Interested in helping plan an event with FO? Contact Julia Weegar, Events Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org to find out how to join one of our event committees!
4. Sponsor A Bed: A donation of $500 will sponsor a bed at one of our two shelters. Your donation will help implement all of the services that we provide during the year, including shelter, nutritious meals, mental health outreach, personalized case management, medical attention, and more. Become a sponsor today!
5. Volunteer: Franciscan Outreach relies on the generosity of all our volunteers who give of their time, energy and gifts to support the mission of Franciscan Outreach. They do everything from cooking and serving meals in the Marquard soup kitchen, to helping our guests at the Franciscan House shelter feel more at home. If you would like to become a part of this wonderful community, please take a moment to fill out a volunteer application to join us in the New Year! Already a volunteer? Visit our volunteer portal and take a look at our calendar for openings in 2016.
6. Follow Us: Find Franciscan Outreach on Facebook and Twitter and help us share critical information about the services we are providing to our Chicago neighbors in need. Share the latest news with your networks, learn about volunteer opportunities and get the skinny on events at FO. Want the most up to date news and event invites? Sign up for the Franciscan Outreach Newsletter!
7. Use Amazon Smile: Next time you shop online, use Amazon Smile and select Franciscan Outreach as your charity. When you shop through Amazon – they will donate a percentage of your purchase to Franciscan Outreach at no cost to you.
8. Make a Matching Gift: Check with your employer before you make a donation to see if they will match your tax-deductible contribution. Every dollar you give can have double the impact!
9. Join the YPB: Looking for a place to develop your professional skills and meet new friends while helping to serve those in need? Join the Young Professionals Board, a group of twenty to thirty somethings that is committed to promoting the work of Franciscan Outreach and becoming leaders in the community through effective volunteer service and social fundraising. Click here to learn more.
10. Create a Welcome Home Kit:Our guests transitioning into housing always need assistance settling into their new homes. This is a great opportunity for you, your family, church group or co-workers! For more information, please click here.